Area's Only Endless Pool
at Lakeside Physical Therapy
Serving the Morgantown, Kingwood and Uniontown, PA Area
The endless pool is a reliable tool for gaining great overall health and wellness. Whether you are rehabbing, looking for a heart-pumping workout, or just want to relax in the jets and ninety-four degree water, the endless pool is just what you are looking for.
Add Aquatic Therapy to Your Rehabilitation Plan
Aquatic therapy is treatment and exercise that is performed in water for relaxation, fitness and physical rehabilitation. The biggest benefit of aquatic therapy is that people who are injured, disabled or otherwise not capable of comfortably performing exercises on land can easily do so in the water. Lakeside Physical Therapy’s priority for our patients is to keep them safe. Our aquatic therapy is used often for patients who need physical therapy exercises but have a hard time performing on the floor or a table. To make your first appointment for aquatic therapy contact Lakeside Physical Therapy at (304) 594-2500
How Water Creates an Ideal Therapeutic Environment
- Warm water provides a relaxing and soothing environment for aching joints and muscles.
- Water's natural viscosity or resistance can be used for muscle strengthening and increasing rehabilitation progressions.
- Buoyancy allows for flotation and reduces the effects of gravity on injured or aching joints and muscles, allowing easier weight bearing after surgery.
- Hydrostatic pressure supports and stabilizes the client, allowing people with balance deficits to perform exercises without a fear of falling, decreasing pain and improving cardiovascular return.
- Turbulence and wave propagation let the therapist gently manipulate the client through the desired exercises.
- The respiratory muscles are forced to work harder in the water, allowing for a natural strengthening that benefits the client long after the therapy session has ended.
Conditions That Can Be Helped By Aquatic Therapy
- Balance Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Idiopathic Joint Pain
- Reconstruction/Replacement Surgery
- Joint Pain
- Parkinson's Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stress Relief
- Sprains & Strains
- Arthroscopic Surgery Recovery
- Back Rehab
- Cerebral Palsy
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Multiple sclerosis